Search 2.0

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Refrigerator Pickles

Are you a pickle fan? My grandsons are, they especially love my refrigerator pickles. Since I don't can the pickles through a hot bath, they stay crisp instead of rubbery.
When the pickles are ready to pick from the garden, I gather them and wash off those sharp thistles. Pack them into the large 1/2 gallon jars.



The cucumbers have little sharp splinters all over them that need to be scrub off. Be careful use rubber gloves to protect your hands. I use a green dish scrubber.



Ingredients: cucumbers, 2-1/2 gallon jars, washed, and sanitized. Fresh Dill, 6 garlic cloves, 3 cups

White vinegar, 8 cups water, 1/2 cup salt, 2 teaspoons pepper corns, 3 teaspoons pickling spice. Pack as many cucumbers as fit into your jars. Add garlic, and dill.
 







.
 
Using funnel pour vinegar mixture into jars.
















Keep refrigerated.should be ready in 3 weeks.

1 comment: