Search 2.0

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Best Tasting Oatmeal Cookies

My dad's favorite cookies were oatmeal,and. I was in charge of making him his cookies. I was not happy with the recipes I had, so that led me on the quest for the best tasting oatmeal cookie, I believe this recipe is it. Try them I think you'll love them..
Here is some of the things I have learned about baking any cookie recipe. Have plenty of bowls. Mix all the dry ingredients together, before combing with the wet ingredients. Hand mixing is a must, and do not over mix. If you remember these few tips your cookies will come out great.




Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup butter
  2. 1 cup sugar
  3. 1 cup brown sugar
  4. 2 eggs slightly beaten
  5. 1 teaspoon vanilla
  6. 2 1/4 cups flour
  7. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  8. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  9. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  10. 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
  11. 1 cup coconut flaked
  12. 1 cup pecans
  13. 2 cups raisins



Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl till it lightens in color about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla beating well.








In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mix with a wisk to make sure it is well combined. Add the flaked coconut, oatmeal, nuts and raisins continue to mix together till well blended.









Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture.




Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. I like to line mine with parchment paper.




Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes till lightly golden. Cool cookies on wire racks... makes 5 dozen.







Enjoy! Let me know what you think?











No comments:

Post a Comment