Search 2.0

Friday, April 22, 2011

Knitted Beaded Clutch Purse

Have you ever seen those beautiful antique beaded purses?  My next project was to figure out how to make a stylish clutch purse. I bought these sparkle beads back in the 90's, I have been toting them from state to state in the. hopes of someday using them on a special project.
Ran across this book from Bag Lady Press written by Theresa Williams called Bead Knitted Handbags 2. The bag came together fairly easy, my one concern was that I might not have enough beads, so I changed the pattern a bit to make sure I had plenty.

The pattern is knitted in three pieces, the main piece, and the side gussets.


The beads are inserted on the thread, and slid between the knitted part.



The inside is then lined with satin material. What do you think of this project?

No comments:

Post a Comment