Search 2.0

Friday, September 17, 2010

Now that's a Breakfast Burrito

This is my homemade version of the delicious breakfast burrito that Chick-fil-a   serves for breakfast. My favorite Chick-fil-a  is located in Statesville North Carolina. I don't know who the manager is but he has got a great staff. His store was always extra clean, with fresh flowers on each table. Now since I don't travel that far anymore I came up with my version of  a breakfast burrito. See my homemade flour tortillas and pico de gallo

Ingredients
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
Olive oil  2 tablespoons
4 oz spicy sausage
Couple of slices of cheddar cheese
Salsa  
 Homemade flour tortillas  or store bought ones

Fry sausage, drain fat, set to the side
Fry peppers, and onions in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
Fry 4 eggs scrambled style.



To make flour tortillas from scratch is just a easy as using store bought ones. See my August blog on homemade tortillas for complete instructions.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups warm water





Layer scrambled eggs, cooked sausage, peppers, onions, and cheese on top of heated tortillas.
Salsa if you prefer. Line up ingredients in the center of the tortilla.
Fold bottom 1/4 of tortilla up.

Fold right side of tortilla up over towards the middle.
Keep rolling till the roll meets the end.

1 comment: