Search 2.0

Thursday, September 29, 2011

How to poach the perfect egg



My favorite way to eat an egg is to have the white cooked, with a little jiggle left in it. My parents had this perfect egg poacher which did a wonderful job, but the one I own makes my eggs hard boiled. My son Robert showed me how to poach the perfect egg with out having to own a special equipment to accomplish it.  I have added a  drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
The egg yolk is runny, and the white cooked.

Supplies:
Medium sauce pan
Small bowl
Eggs
Salt,and pepper to taste
Olive oil for drizzling

To begin place medium sauce pan to simmer 3/4 filled with water. While waiting for the water to reach temperature break an egg into small bowl.
When you see small bubbles rising to the top take a large spoon, and stir the water until you see a funnel forming in the middle. Quickly place the egg in the middle of the funnel. Then set the timer for 5 minutes. The egg will stop spinning shortly not to worry it will appear to spread apart.
After egg is cooked with a slotted spoon pull it out of the pan, and place in another pan filled with cool water.
Place on paper towel to dry off excess water, serve immediately. Enjoy this healthy version of eating an egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment