Search 2.0

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Homemade Mexican Style Fish Fajita recipe

We use to do a lot of lake fishing when my boys were younger. We would catch large mouth bass, small bass mouth, and Crappie. I was looking for a alternative way to prepare the fish besides just frying them.  I came up with a idea to make homemade Mexican style fish fajitas. My family just loved the fajitas, it disguises any fishy taste that the non fish lovers would object to. Let me know if you enjoy my homemade Mexican style fajitas as much as my family does.
2.5 pound bag Kirkland Frozen Tilapia Fish (5 of the individually wrap fish out to defrost.)
1 packet Lawry's Fajitas Seasoning
1 red peppers sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 yellow pepper sliced
1 medium onion sliced
Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Corn tortillas
1/4 cup water
Toppings
Sour cream
Fresh diced tomatoes
Salsa
Shredded lettuce

Lay out 5 frozen individually wrapped fish to defrost on the counter.I have tried other frozen brands, that come with a gray strip down the center, stay away from those brands the tilapia is fishy tasting.
Chop into 2 inch chunks.

Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, fry on medium high heat. It will only take about 6 minutes for the fish to cook.

Set to the side, while you fry the vegetables.

Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in frying pan, on medium high heat stir fry the peppers, and onions.
Move the fish, and the pepper mixture to the sides of the pan. Empty the fajita seasons in the center of the pan, adding 1/4 cup of water. Stirring quickly until mixture starts to thicken, then stir into rest of food, and incorporate well.
Heat corn tortilla, add  fajita mixture, adding you favorite toppings, and enjoy. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how good it tastes. Here you go guys homemade Mexican style fajitas, mmmmm. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. This looks good Rose! I think I'll try it. I have never cooked with fish so I'm a little nervous, but since you gave very specific instructions on the brand I'm feeling better about it. I'll let you know how we like it!
    Shea

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family really likes fish made this way. Let me know I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete