Search 2.0

Friday, June 18, 2010

Chicken Cacciatore




This dish is one of the dinners which my dad requested quite often. When ever I make this dish it reminds me of dad. It's a tomato base dinner which  goes delicious over white rice. It is a quick dish for those who have limited amounts of time to get supper on the table for the family.

Ingredients: 
1 chicken cut up.
 2  tablespoons olive oil,
 5 tomatoes chopped, 
1 bell pepper yellow , 
red or green.
 1 medium onion chopped. 
6 cloves of garlic chopped, 
1/2 cup green olives, 
1/4 teaspoon salt,
1/4 teaspoon pepper, 
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings.
 2 cups rice, 
3 cups water.

 Place olive oil in pan, fry chicken on medium  hot heat for 20 minutes till browned. Remove from pan set to the side. Use same pan leaving the chicken drippings. Add onions, garlic, bell peppers, cook till soften. Then add tomatoes, italian seasonings, green olives, return chicken to the pan also. Add salt, and pepper. The sauce will start to thicken and melt into the vegatables, and meat. Should take another 10 minutes to cook. Check chicken for doneness before removing from heat.
I use my rice cooker to make the rice, 2 cups of rice to 3 cups of water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press start button. You will have soft fluffy rice in 20 minutes. I like to serve this dish over rice.






1 comment:

  1. I have not had chicken cacciatore for a long time it was my favorite. I stop making it and forgot how to do it, but now I can do it again.

    ReplyDelete