Search 2.0

Monday, December 6, 2010

Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe

Here is a corn bread stuffing recipe that I use to make with my dad when I was growning up. Every time  I make this recipe, I feel  like a kid again,.helping my dad on Thanksgiving morning. The only difference is the original recipe had raisins, in it which, one else seemed to like, except for me and dad. Ha Ha.
,
Ingredient::
1 pound breakfast bulk pork sausage
2 boxes of Jiffy Corn muffin mix
2 eggs for Jiffy Mix
2/3 cup milk for Jiffy Mix
1 cup water
1 soft chicken bullion cube
1 stick butter
1 large onion chopped 1 1/2 cup of onion
1 1/2 cup celery chopped
2 teaspoons ground black pepper

In large pan fry sausage till crispy, drain and set aside.

Prepare Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix according to package instructions, to speed things up for me, I pour the batter into a  hot waffle iron. This also air drys the muffins faster, break them up, toss into large bowl. adding 2 teaspoons of black pepper thoroughly mix..

Chop 1 1/2 cups of onion, and celery.
Fry the onion, and celery with one stick of butter, for 7 minutes. . Break up bullion cube into 1 cup of water, microwave on high for 1 minute dissolving cube all the way by stirring set aside.

Place sausage, onion, celery,  and corn bread waffles in large bowl, combine well adding 1 egg., and cup of chicken broth.

Transfer to an oven safe  pan, bake 1 hour, with parchment paper on top, at 350 degrees. Enjoy this side dish of corn bread stuffing all year round you don't have to wait for Thanksgiving Day any more to eat delicious stuffing. Give it a try let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment