Search 2.0

Monday, May 23, 2011

Portable Window Greenhouse


What do you do with your old windows? We replaced our windows in our home, couldn't bare to throw out those beautiful drafty windows.
 There was a lot of craftsmanship that went into those wooden frames. It's a green idea to reuse old things, and give it a new lease on life.
Here's an idea make a portable window greenhouse.

I like the way it looks in the front yard. Very shabby sheik, I'm thinking of hanging some flowers in it. What do you think of this idea?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a neat idea. Can you send me directions on how to make one for myself? I live in an apartment and would love to make this for my patio garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are old windows that came out of an old house.They are all the same size. Place windows to create a box. Pre drill through both windows, top and bottom, using 3 inch sheet rock screws put together. The top roof part is done the same way except with only 2 windows. For extra strength I screwed a 1 by 12 board to each side. Trim excess off. See pictures. Hope this helps : )

    ReplyDelete