Search 2.0

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spicy Sausage Lentil Soup

It's May here in Virginia, and we're still using our fire place to keep warm. Sitting in front of the fire with a bowl  of warm spicy sausage lentil soup,  yum it doesn't get much better than this. I use to make lentil soup a lot when my boys were growing up, because I just like the flavor of lentils. My son Dany remarked one time he thought it was punishment. That really made me chuckle since that was not the case at all. I just plain liked lentil soup. I think Dany would even like this version.


  1. 1/2 cup dry lentils
  2. 3 Premo Hot Italian Sausage links cut into small bit size bits
  3. 1 teaspoon dry fennel
  4. 1  mini cubes Knorr garlic seasonings
  5. 1 mini cubes Knorr onion seasonings
  6. 3 carrots diced
  7. 3 sprigs of celery diced
  8. 4 cups water
  9. 2 mini cubes Knorr tomato 
  10. 1/2 cup chopped green onion saute in 1 tablespoon butter
  11. 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
  12. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
  13. 2 potato cubed
  14. 5 cups water
  15. 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 
  16. 1 teaspoon dry basil
In a crock pot place all ingredients.  Cook on high for 8 hours. Serve with crusty bread . Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment